

Although, still in the early stages of copying masters...I found my way back to painting lately and it has inspired me to look at other artists, whenever I can. I came across Ray Ceasar's work and thought to myself" wow those are really pretty paintings."Then, I looked closer... it's CG!



His description of the CG process is possibly the most accessible and clear description of how characters are built, textured, lit and posed on the computer. After looking further into his bio, (which is a pretty clever little read) it seems Ray worked in VFX among other jobs in the industry and was born a canine.
I had a lot of fun checking out his website.The eerie content of Ceasar's work is revealed here.
For more on Ray Ceaser read this interview - he is a pretty kewl guy with something to say and you might relate to his reflections on working in VFX and using a computer to make images...I know, I do.
And I love how he talks about perfomance anxiety and creating his art in this interview.
0 comments:
Post a Comment