ORANG is put by one of my fave publishers, Reprodukt from Germany. Reprodukt is basically like if you took the most interesting German cartoonists and rolled them together with the best books from D&Q, Fantagraphics, NBM, and Last Gasp. ORANG is an annual (approximately?) book edited by cartoonist (and super talented dude) Sascha Hommer. I've posted previously about Hommer's excellent graphic novel, Insekt.
I just received a copy of ORANG 7 in the mail, and thoroughly enjoyed it... It's like a younger and more European version of MOME, but also features indie comics from China as well. The books are thick and have really nice paper & production values.

ORANG #08
Reprodukt, Berlin 2009, ISBN 978-3-941099-23-4
120 pages, 16 in colour, 15,00 Eur
No specific details yet on what Shintaro Kago comic will be in the issue, but I understand it's an original comic just for the anthology :) If previous issues of ORANG are any indication, the title will likely be in the original Japanese, with German and English translations as footnotes on the bottom of each page.
Check out sample pages from ORANG 8:
Sascha Hommer
Moki
Anouk Ricard
Congrats to European fans of Kago- You're getting a treat! I'll post details on how folks outside of Germany can order copies when it comes out.
0 comments:
Post a Comment