Penny


I heard that Pee Wee Herman is coming to BroadwayNPR aired a really interesting interview with Paul Rubens  - the creator of Pee Wee Herman, Friday night.   One of my favorite segments of the Pee Wee show was the Penny Cartoon.  I wanted to post it for those who have never even heard of Pee Wee.  I loved Pee Wee Herman even though I was a bit hold for the show and am so glad he is back with a more adult version.





Penny's approach to animating shorts was to record a little girl... just telling stories, pick the most interesting one and animate to it.  It's so much better to work this way than trying to mime to an actor from a film.  There is so much more room for creativity.  I encourage students to try it!  You can record your friends talking...  Ardman has used this technique for their shorts for years.  Taking the story out of context, but still respecting the delivery and content of the line is where Ardman and the penny cartoons excelled.






0 comments:

Post a Comment